how to use ad and remove.

mike coulombe kb8aey at verizon.net
Mon Sep 18 14:34:43 BST 2006

Hi I found the add remove program and it sounded pretty good.
Anyway I picked some packages and it asked for my password.
I assumed it was installing, but orca never said either way.
However the hard drive made noise so I think it was.
After a long time I had to log out because I lost speech.
When I restarted the computer the package manager gave the option to open or cancel.
It doesn't work with orca, but my question is when you use add remove are the packages just downloaded not installed.
Or do you have to run the package manager when the system restarts to finish.
   Mike.