Kernel Question

Keith Watson Kwatson at smed.yi.org
Sat Sep 16 04:03:10 BST 2006

Hello List,

Just thought I would throw this out there to see if anyone else
was experiencing the same thing. I did a dist-upgrade today and
it upgraded my kernel from 2.6.17-6-686 to 2.6.17-7-generic.
After I rebooted the system just hung. I blew away the splash
line in menu.list in order to determine if there was an error,
and my wife informed me that it was just sitting there at the
booting operating system screen. I installed the 2.6.17-7-386
kernel to see if that would make a difference, but saw the same
behavior. My 2.6.17-6-686 kernel works fine. Anyone got a
suggestion?

Thanks,

Keith
--
Among the major impediments to discovery are not the ignorant
but those with illusions of knowledge. - B. Alan Wallace