Screen magnification

Willie Walker William.Walker at Sun.COM
Sat Sep 9 13:11:10 BST 2006

Hi Aurelian:

The current magnification support for the Linux desktop definitely needs
some improvement, and there is work underway to provide this.  It hasn't
hit the streets yet, though.  I'm not part of that team, but we are
paying a little bit of attention to the work since we plan on using it
in Orca.

In addition, I notice you say Orca is pretty flaky.  It would help us
(the Orca team) greatly if you were more specific about what you meant
by "flaky".  Otherwise, it is difficult for us to know what problems you
are seeing.  In fact, the problems may be elsewhere in the system
(audio, base support, etc.), but we can't tell for sure until we have a
constructive dialog with you.

I encourage you to help become part of the solution by joining the orca
mailing list (http://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/orca-list) as well
as logging informative and specific bugs and feature requests for the
"orca" component at
http://bugzilla.gnome.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=orca.

Thanks,

Will