Accessibility in Xubuntu?

Jani Monoses jani.monoses at gmail.com
Fri Oct 20 08:22:59 BST 2006

terrence at terrencevak.net wrote:
>  	HEllo, all.  I've got Xubuntu installed on an eMachine computer
> with 160 MB of ram and a 433 mhz processor.  My question is, how do I get
> accessibility going on it?  I'd tried regular Ubuntu, but it seemed
> sluggish, and the latest version hardly did anything.  So someone
> suggested xubuntu.  But it doesn't seem to have any accessibility with it.
> Is there any accessibility for xubuntu?

There is a patch to add a11y support to the xubuntu edgy liveCD but
which did not make it for the release candidate. I hope it can make the
release though, it is very non-intrusive.
The sticky/mouse keys and onboard work well in Xfce but orca's magnifier
and speech synthesis is not as supported as by gnome applications.
Which a11y features do you need?

Jani