Friendly Editors: fte-console and fte-terminal

Veli-Pekka Tätilä vtatila at mail.student.oulu.fi
Sat Oct 14 10:47:27 BST 2006

Jan Claeys wrote:
> Veli-Pekka Tätilä wrote:
>> By the way, I've been looking into simple console editors lately and
>> neither Nano nor Joe is quite as interactive as I'd like. My DOS
>> memories include ASCII-graphical menubars and menus, arrow based
>> commands for marking lines of text and MODAL dialogs for setting
>> colors, opening or saving files and so on. Is this level of
>> interactivity and visual feedback too much to ask from a console
>> Linux app, <smile>.
> You might want to have a look at fte-console and/or fte-terminal.
Thanks for the tips. I've installed both now but the trouble is I cannot
find them. The commands fte-console or fte-terminal do nothing and neither
do man or info with either name come up with anything useful. I used the
locate command and found some docs in usr/share but only a readme file.

So where is the full manual and how to run these apps in the first place?
Most links and pages I was able to Google about these editors were down.
ALthough it seems the the fte foldable text editors have been available for
multiple  platforms and some people have reviewed them favorably.

Any help appreciated.
I wonder if the author's e-mail address is valid. I might try that too, at
some point.

--
With kind regards Veli-Pekka Tätilä (vtatila at mail.student.oulu.fi)
http://www.student.oulu.fi/~vtatila/