Ubuntu Release Schedule (was Re: need some info)

Henrik Nilsen Omma henrik at ubuntu.com
Thu Nov 30 15:06:42 GMT 2006

Willie Walker wrote:
> Ubuntu Folks:
>
> Is there a URL that we can point users to that contains up-to-date
> schedule and download information?  Queries for this type of information
> seem to come quite often and it would be great if there were one spot
> where people could get answers.

The Feisty release cycle is described here:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/FeistyReleaseSchedule

It shows that the first test disc is scheduled for today, though my
guess is that it will be out late evening.

Announcements are made on ubuntu-devel-announce:
 https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-devel-announce/

When such discs are released they will appear here:
 http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/releases/feisty/

Seems there is already a daily build here for those who cannot wait:
 http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/daily/current/

>> Hi, is there a link yet for the new version that is scheduled to release the first CD today.

Mike, I appreciate your enthusiasm to test, but please excuse us for not
always answering these questions promptly. Frequent AWTY (Are We There
Yet?!) questions are often ignored by developers as a matter of
principle I'm afraid :-/

Henrik