Running Ubuntu live cd from vfat partition

Lubos Pintes 0905300097 at orangemail.sk
Thu Nov 23 17:39:41 GMT 2006

Hello those more experienced. I don't like slow cdroms and burning, so I "developed" the following way to run the live distros from a FAT32 partition using loadlin.
The following bat file runs GRML and it works very well.

cd grml

loadlin linux26 initrd=minirt26.gz root=/dev/hdb1 ramdisk_size=100000 swspeak brltty=al,/dev/ttyS0,ibm850

Of course I extracted the contents of the iso image to disk.

I tried to run ubuntu in similar way, but it doesn't work. I think that I must modify initrd in some way but I don't know how to do this. Can someone help me?

It would be nice of course if the accessibility features was enabled.