Installing the latest Orca

Terrence van Ettinger terrence at terrencevak.net
Sat Nov 11 03:22:04 GMT 2006

Hello, all,
	I followed the directions on the UbuntuEdgyEft wiki for Orca, but go
the following when I tried to do the "sudo ./autogen.sh; sudo make; sudo
make install" series:
checking whether to build static libraries... no
configure: creating libtool
appending configuration tag "CXX" to libtool
appending configuration tag "F77" to libtool
checking for brl... yes
checking for a Python interpreter with version >= 2.4... python
checking for python... /usr/bin/python
checking for python version... 2.4
checking for python platform... linux2
checking for python script directory...
${prefix}/lib/python2.4/site-packages
checking for python extension module directory...
${exec_prefix}/lib/python2.4/site-packages
checking for headers required to compile python extensions... not found
configure: error: Could not find python headers needed to build Python
extensions
make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.
make: *** No rule to make target `install'.  Stop.

So my question is, is there a package I should be installing to resolve
this python header issue?

Thanks,
Terrence