Orca on laptops.

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Thu Nov 9 14:20:09 GMT 2006

Yes, it's significantly intrusive from the perspective of the user who
doesn't rely on Orca. So, it should come and go with the loading and
unloading of Orca.

On the other hand, as I tried to suggest, the reason it has proven so
reliable for screen readers is precisely the fact that other
applications are highly unlikely ever to map it for their own peculiar
uses. We can't say that of any other key, and frankly of most any other
key combination.

Janina