Orca on laptops.

Bill Haneman Bill.Haneman at Sun.COM
Wed Nov 8 13:24:53 GMT 2006

Luke Yelavich wrote:
> In Windows, Jaws manages to prevent the capslock key from being latched
> or unlatched. To latch/unlatch, you press shift + Capslock, or press
> capslock twice quickly.

I see.  I expect that would be a hazardous and/or fragile thing to
attempt on X, especially if, as I believe, the latching behavior is a
hardware feature on some (most?) keyboards.  On Windows you could
circumvent this by meddling with the keyboard drivers, but I think we
want to avoid getting that intrusive.  So we should probably consider
CapsLock to be an always-latching key, IMO.

Bill