problems with installing edgy

MICHAEL WEAVER michaelweaver1 at btinternet.com
Mon Nov 6 22:07:48 GMT 2006

I went to my Linux Group this evening and tried to install Edgy only I
ran into a few problems.
The first problem I had was speech.
Someone fully Sighted told me when the prompt appeared so I could choose
the accessibility option I wanted, It seemed to come up with the menus
when I pressed F5, I pressed 3 and enter twice but when Ubuntu came up,
no speech at all.
After this failed I tried installing it normally, Ubuntu played the tune
when it starts from Live but the laptop seemed slow and took many
minutes to bring up the desktop.
The people helping me to try and install it tried to use the icon on the
desktop to install it and it just seemed to lock up, maybe act like it
was doing something then just crash.
I am wondering if I have a faulty download when I downloaded it when it
first came out as a released version and whether my problems may be
resolved by a fresh download of the Edgy CD.