Weirdness with consoles after install over serial?

Al Puzzuoli alpuzz at gmail.com
Thu May 25 19:43:44 BST 2006

Hi all,

I just installed dapper, using a second machine as a terminal over a serial connection.For the most part, everything went as expected, except that there's something odd going on with virtual consoles.  For example, if I press control alt f1, or control alt f3, I get no console, only a blinking cursor.  My X console is actually coming up on control alt f2.

Starting brltty is proving problematic as well.
if anyone knows what's going on, and could suggest a fix, it would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,

--Al