SOK: Reply

Reset Reboot reset.reboot at gmail.com
Tue May 9 20:14:53 BST 2006

Hello everyone,

I'm one of the applicants for the SOK project, and I thought I'd first
present myself and ask some of the questions mentioned in the "welcome
e-email" I've received.

My name's Jose Carlos Cuevas, I live in Spain and this is my first
Summer Of Code.

I've applied for this project because I wanted to support my actual
distro and I think accesibility it's still lacking some more developers
in GNU/Linux.

Now, with the milestone 0:

I've been searching around about Xlib and Cairo support in Python, and
there's good bindings for these two in this language. I think Cairo is a
really good option, the binding looks mature and our keyboard will grow
with the X server. About using C, I've got no problem. I think we should
try Python first, because it is a clear language.

Talking about AT-SPI bindings, I'm not quite sure if we got them, but
even if it's needed, we could make ours, using SWiG or something like.

About using GOK definition format, I don't know if the GOK ideas are the
same or not as this project. If we need to go on our own, in Python is
very easy to manage XML data.

Well, that's all for now, I look forward to hearing from you.
--
Reset Reboot

Jabber y Google Talk: reset.reboot at jabberes.org

http://www.libreyfacil.org