Adding admin tools to Root's menu?

Al Puzzuoli alpuzz at gmail.com
Sat May 6 20:40:12 BST 2006

Hi all,

For the time being, when I want to administer my system, I'm doing so from the root account in order to get around the sudo issue.  The only disadvantage is that most of the admin utilities appear in my user account's menu, but not in Root's menu.  Is there a relatively easy way to modify Root's menu to include these utilities?  I could create menu entries manually, but I don't know the commands to launch most of the utilities in question, and I'm not seeing an obvious way to obtain that info from the menu items in the user account..
Failing modifying the menu, If I could find a list of commands for the most common utilities, I wouldn't mind running them manually.

Thanks,

--Al