[Spec speakup-inclusion] Speakup Inclusion

Luke Yelavich themuso at themuso.com
Tue Jun 20 11:33:25 BST 2006

Specification changed by Luke Yelavich:

    Definition Status: Drafting => Review

Whiteboard changed to:

dsilvers: 19/06: 18:30: Since you think this needs further discussion,
here are my comments...

1. Without an assignee it's extremely difficult to say if there is sufficient detail in the technical description of what needs to be done for it to be implemented sanely.
2. I'd like to see a kernel maintainer's view of the patches, either included in the specification or else at least see that a kernel maint has contributed to the spec from the PoV of the feasibility of integrating the patches

themuso: 20/06: Ben Collins has examined the speakup kernel code, and
has determined it to have very little impact on the kernel. He noted
that a few things could be done a little cleaner, but otherwise it seems
to be fine. Speakup will be included in the next kernel update.

For my part, I have updated the spec to be a little more informative as
to how the userspace scripts would interract with speakup. Please let me
know if you would like some more details.

--
Specification Details:
  Speakup Inclusion