Edgy Installation?

Al Puzzuoli alpuzz at gmail.com
Wed Jul 26 14:59:12 BST 2006

Hi all,

I am anxious to begin testing Edgy, and just wondering where things currently stand in terms of the installation process?  At this point, is the sudo -s workaround still the only way possible to do an accessible install, or have other methods been implemented, either on the desktop or alternate cds?

If the workaround is still the best way, then I  seem to be missing something, as I have never been able to make it happen.
I launch gnome-terminal, du a sudo -s and then attempt to run Gnopernicus, but whenever I do this, Gnopernicus will not start, and I get something like the following:

(process:6270): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: gtype.c:2240: initialization
assertion failed, use IA__g_type_init() prior to this function

(process:6270): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_object_new: assertion
`G_TYPE_IS_OBJECT (object_type)' failed

(process:6270): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_object_ref: assertion
`G_IS_OBJECT (object)' failed

Segmentation fault

Thanks in advance for any help,

--Al