Accessible OpenDocument reader

Daniel Carrera daniel.carrera at zmsl.com
Sun Jul 23 10:29:00 BST 2006

On Sun, 2006-23-07 at 19:21 +1000, Luke Yelavich wrote:
> > If we can configure elinks so that pressing "back" when there is nothing
> > in the history makes the application quit, then we'd have a fully
> > functional text-based odf reader.
>
> Ok that shouldn't be a proble, Recent versions of elinks have a --remote
> flag, which allows the same instance of elinks to be opened, but the new
> page gets opened in a new tab. Finished with the tab, just close it.

Ok, great idea.

I just modified the odfreader script to take an optional -t flag. When
the flag is given, it opens a new tab. Then I configured elinks to call
odfreader with the -t flag.

Now... how do you close a tab? I was thinking that I should hack elinks
so that when you go "back" and there is nothing in the history, it
closes the tab. I'm starting to have second thoughts about whether this
is really that important. What do you think?

Cheers,
Daniel.
--
http://opendocumentfellowship.org
  "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the