Accessible OpenDocument reader

Daniel Carrera daniel.carrera at zmsl.com
Sun Jul 23 10:00:39 BST 2006

On Sun, 2006-23-07 at 09:34 +1000, Luke Yelavich wrote:
> IMO you would be better off supporting elinks, as it is the one browser
> that is under constant development. As far as I know, there are things
> that elinks supports that the other two don't.

Ok, I've tried to work with elinks and I got a little further than with
lynx. Elinks allows you to set up a mime handler for non-HTML files. So
what I did was:

* Made a program, 'odfread', that converts ODF to HTML and gives the
output to elinks.
* Configured elinks to use odfread as a mime handler for ODF files.

This is recursive, and it means that now you can press 'G' to open an
ODF file from elinks, but every time you do it you create a whole new
instance of elinks and also lose the ability to press "back".

If we can configure elinks so that pressing "back" when there is nothing
in the history makes the application quit, then we'd have a fully
functional text-based odf reader.

Cheers,
Daniel.
--
http://opendocumentfellowship.org
  "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the