"Applications Places Systems" menu area stealing focus

Willie Walker William.Walker at Sun.COM
Sun Jul 16 16:03:26 BST 2006

Thanks Henrik!

I've noticed that there are cases where I can give focus to the
"Applications Places System" area (as indicated by a dotted line around
it), and I can never get out of it.  One way I've been able to reproduce
this is by giving focus to the area via Ctrl+Alt+Tab, bringing up the
Applications menu by pressing the right arrow key, and then dismissing
it by pressing escape.  Sometimes, but not always, I seem to get in a
situation where the Ctrl+Alt+Arrow workaround doesn't even get me
unstuck.  :-(

Will