[Ubuntu Wiki] Update of "KubuntuAccessibility" by ColinWatson

Ubuntu Wiki noreply at ubuntu.com
Wed Jul 5 16:12:30 BST 2006

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Ubuntu Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by ColinWatson:
https://wiki.kubuntu.org/KubuntuAccessibility

The comment on the change is:
proofreading

  == Rationale ==

- We want everyone to be able to use Kubuntu, for people with disabilities this is not possible without accessibility tools currently only in Universe.
+ We want everyone to be able to use Kubuntu; for people with disabilities this is not possible without accessibility tools currently only in Universe.

  == Use cases ==

@@ -27, +27 @@

   * High contrast - Use KDE high contrast themes
   * Magnification - Use Kmag or possibly MCM/compiz-mag if ready in time
-  * Screen reader - Use kttsd support in applications - investigate if Orca will run in KDE (ie gets any useful input)
+  * Screen reader - Use kttsd support in applications - investigate if Orca will run in KDE (i.e. gets any useful input)
-  * Keyboard & Mouse - Turn on the KDE keyb and mouse features like StickyKeys by default, use KmouseTool
+  * Keyboard and Mouse - Turn on the KDE keyboard and mouse features like StickyKeys by default, use KmouseTool
   * On-screen Keyboard - Use SOK if KDE port exists by this time

  These options should be selectable from the Live CD boot menu as with the Ubuntu version.
@@ -37, +37 @@

  Edit casper to load profiles equivalent to that done on the Ubuntu.  The profiles will mirror those used in Ubuntu.

-  * Lesser Visual Imparement
+  * Lesser Visual Impairment
    * Enlarged, no high contrast theme
    * High contrast, not inverted
    * Plain background
    * Magnifier

-  * Moderate Visual Imparement
+  * Moderate Visual Impairment
    * High contrast theme, inverted, large
-   * KDE Text To Speach turned on for app supported applications
+   * KDE Text To Speech turned on for supported applications
    * KSayIt loaded

   * Minor Motor Difficulties
    * Sticky keys
-   * Onscreen feedback for sticky keys
+   * On-screen feedback for sticky keys

   * Motor Difficulties - Pointing Devices
    * Kmousetool
-   * Henrick's Simple Onscreen Keyboard project if ready
+   * Henrik's Simple Onscreen Keyboard project if ready

   * Blindness
-   * Not possible yet in KDE because we do not have a proper on screen keyboard
+   * Not possible yet in KDE because we do not have a proper on-screen keyboard

  === Code ===