Final call for info re accessibility profiles.

Henrik Nilsen Omma henrik at ubuntu.com
Wed Feb 22 20:11:22 GMT 2006

Luke Yelavich wrote:
> Hi all
> So we have managed to squeeze support in for speech for the liv CD,
> thanks to Henrik for rounding everybody up when we needed to talk, and
> thanks to Colin for approving the changes/UVF request.
>
> Now, we REALLY NEED to finalize the accessibility profiles, located
> here: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Accessibility/LiveCDsettings

Great Luke, thanks for pushing this forward. I will go and complete
items 4,5 and 6 now, which are the ones I know about. I don't know what
the config file changes should be for #4, sorry. For #5 I think we just
start gok in standard mode. If we need to tweak one or two settings on
that later, I'm sure we can.

For #6, gok with switch operation, I have a more radical suggestion: I
think we should skip it this time around. We haven't given that mode any
testing at all, and we probably need special hardware really. That also
means removing it from the gfxboot menu. I think it's better to skip it
now and re-introduce it when we know it works well.

On Aurelian's suggestion of placing the Magnification window at the
bottom of the screen, that sounds good to me. It does solve the problem
of hiding the application panel and the gnopernicus menu. I'm not the
best one to judge this though.

- Henrik