Test gnome-mag packages available.

Henrik Nilsen Omma henrik at ubuntu.com
Mon Feb 20 15:25:36 GMT 2006

Luke Yelavich wrote:
> Hi all
> I have made test gnome-mag packages available, with XDamage and XFixes
> extensions properly included and. Please test this, as it would be good
> to have a smoother running magnifier in split and full screen modes.

Cool!

It installs and runs well for me. It seems responsive enough, though I
don't have much experience with magnifiers. There are also some issues:

1. I don't get a gnopernicus settings window so I can't change settings.

2. The magnification window only fills part of the screen. If you cut
the screen in 8 sections, 4 wide and 2 high, my magnifier appears in the
top row, second column. I have a wide screen display though, so that
might be the cause.

3. It doesn't magnify stuff that is hidden under the magnification area.

Other than that, it seems to track the cursor quite well. I'm running
i386 dapper on an AMD64 system.

- Henrik