lsr and speakup

Kenny Hitt kenny at hittsjunk.net
Mon Dec 25 19:52:30 GMT 2006

Hi.

Someone has already answered your question, but you don't seem to
understand the difference in Linux interfaces.  Speakup will only work
in a text console.  Gnome-terminal is a graphical console, not text.
True, you use Gnome-terminal to run text apps, but you are running in
Gnome.  Orca gives very good results reading text apps running in a
Gnome-terminal, so I don't understand your need for speakup.

          Kenny