has speakup been added

mike coulombe kb8aey at verizon.net
Wed Dec 20 14:40:41 GMT 2006

Hi,, has speakup been added to  the ubuntu kernel.
I heard something about the possibility of it being added some time ago.
Also has anyone tried lsr, if so have you gotten it to work.
Orca stops speaking when ever I tell it to report a bug,
but when ever I open lsr it crashes.
I am using the first live CD of feisty, but have gotten all of the updates.
I also found when I had a sighted person try to change settings in the package manager,
it locks the system when they press apply and the changes are not applied.
   One other thing, has anyone burned a CD. Orca works fine for putting the music on the hard drive,
however when I put a blank CD in the CD recording software that comes up doesn't work as well.
I can find tracks but it doesn't say if they are added or not. Is there a different peace of software that works better for writing a CD.
Mike.