TTS voices project

Jonathan Duddington jsd at clara.co.uk
Mon Dec 4 14:53:04 GMT 2006

In article <457431FC.3020402 at kristersplace.ws>,
   Krister Ekstrom <krister at kristersplace.ws> wrote:

> I'd be glad to help in any way possible with the Swedish voice, but
> as i understood it from a friend who already is trying to help out
> it's a nightmare to put together a voice. How do you suggest one
> started if i no nothing about the ins and outs of Espeak?

One of the first things is to get a good set of vowels.  I've put some
alternative possible vowel sounds into the draft Swedish voice, and it
would be useful if you (or others) could select which sound the best.
This is a typical first step for a language.

I sent the following a couple of weeks ago to a couple of other people
who had expressed an interest in Swedish, but I've had no response. I
can only make any progress when I get feedback.