Ubuntu Release Schedule (was Re: need some info)

Henrik Nilsen Omma henrik at ubuntu.com
Fri Dec 1 11:53:26 GMT 2006

Luke Yelavich wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 01, 2006 at 10:22:19PM EST, Krister Ekstrom wrote:
>
>> Hi there,
>> Is it safe to switch my sources.list from Edgy to Feisty? I take it i
>> just change the lines that say "edgy" to "feisty" or is there something
>> else i should do?
>>

> Thats all you have to do, but please be mindful that things can, and
> sometimes do breakk, particularly X and GNOME, which could leave you
> with an inaccessible system. Do so at your own risk.

In particular there is a nasty AT-SPI bug at the moment that Joanne
Marie found. If you turn on AT-SPI the desktop refuses to load.

The work-around is using an older version of AT-SPI. This is probably
due to the recent changes allowing the admin tools to be accessed.

Joanie, could you file that bug in bugzilla/launchpad? Then I can follow
up with comments.

Krister, so if you are willing to live with that level of breakage (and
can help debug it), then yes, it's perfectly safe :)

Henrik