problem: gnopernicus does not start every time ubuntu starts

krishnakant Mane researchbase at gmail.com
Fri Aug 25 16:20:10 BST 2006

on the ubuntu 6.06.1 desktop it does not talk every thing I start
ubuntu.  as soon as I log in on my gnome desktop the gnopernicus menu
with startup mode and preferences etc comes up.  but it does not
speak.  infact I just herd it two times.  first when I changed all
things for enabling accessibility. and second when I had rebooted the
next morning.  after that I had powered off and rebooted many times
but gnopernicus only shows up visually but no speach.
I checked that my sound card is working because when I log in the
startup sound can be heard.  even the menu selection sound set by my
sited colligue (from the theems) is working.  so what could be the
problem?  by the way when I got gnopernicus actually talking for the
first time, I tried to change the rate and pitch but it had no effect.
 is my sound card the problem?
I am using a creative vibra 128 sound card and it is selected as cyrus logic.
is that the problem?  any other things you will like me to check?
I don't mean to offend the developers of gnopernicus, but is orca any
time better than gnopernicus?  will it also work with firefox and open
office and other related tooles?
thanks, Krishnakant.