Gedit focus issue (was, Re: Serious accessibility issue in Gnome 2.15.)

Willie Walker William.Walker at Sun.COM
Tue Aug 15 20:12:28 BST 2006

Hi All:

Just to follow up...

I'm not sure of the exact cause of the differences here (e.g., metacity,
gedit?), but we put a workaround in Orca to handle the differences
between GNOME 2.14 and GNOME 2.15/16.  Thanks for reporting this
problem!

If someone has some time on their hands they might try seeing if there
are different event orderings between GNOME 2.14 and GNOME 2.15/16 for
this gedit maximize/unmaximize scenario.  The events of interest
probably include:  "focus:" "window:activate" "window:deactivate" and
"object:state-changed:focused".

Will