RFC: Easier console accessibility configuration.

Scott James Remnant scott at ubuntu.com
Tue Aug 15 17:15:36 BST 2006

On Tue, 2006-08-15 at 14:40 +1000, Luke Yelavich wrote:

> However, I am wondering about how we may present these options to the
> user. Even though speakup is a console tool, users may still wish to
> enable it when in GNOME, and they also may wish to enable spoken boot. I
> was thinking it may be possible to extend the assistive technologies
> control panel somehow, and add a tab with the options available, but I
> also think we should have a command-line tool available to
> enable/disable/show status as well.

The main trouble here I can forsee is that the option is deep into the
running machine and that people with the most limited accessibility will
not be able to reach it without help.

The option should also be at the very first boot of the CD, along with
the other accessibility options, and this should result not only in the
Live CD using this but inherently enabling it on the installed system as
well.

Scott
--
Scott James Remnant