Serious accessibility issue in Gnome 2.15.

Luke Yelavich themuso at themuso.com
Fri Aug 11 03:04:15 BST 2006

On Tue, Aug 08, 2006 at 02:06:16AM EST, Willie Walker wrote:
> Hi All:
>
> I was finally able to do some testing with this.  I'll confirm that none
> of these are Orca bugs.  We do care, however, about the overall
> accessibility of the platform.  So, we'll dig into these problems more
> and follow up with the appropriate teams.

Hi all
I have found something that might be of interest for edgy users and
accessibility. As previously stated, things start acting weird when
accessibility is turned on. When I do so, and attempt to displayt he
applications menu with ALT + F1, I see the applications menu constantly
flicker. It is impossible to arrow through it. The other menus seem
fine. I also noticed the gnome-panel process hitting 59.60% CPU usage.

I have confirmed this on two machines, and what is more puzzling, is
that it is a damn nucence to get things back the way they were, i.e
gnome-panel running normally, and no flickering applications menu, and
this is after completely removing all gnome related files from both my
home directory, and the /tmp directory. I even completely removed
gnome-panel, and gnome-panel-data, and re-installed them, just to be
sure. However, no dice.

This is pretty much the latest edgy, although I am using a local mirror,
which takes a few hours to receive the latest from the official
archives.

Hope this helps.
--
Luke Yelavich