Gedit focus issue (was, Re: Serious accessibility issue in Gnome 2.15.)

Willie Walker William.Walker at Sun.COM
Wed Aug 9 17:17:15 BST 2006

Hi Al:

Thanks very much for testing this out!

This sounds like a separate problem.  Do you have someone that can
eyeball gedit for you to make sure keyboard focus is really back in the
gedit text area after you've maximized the window?  That is, is the
cursor really moving when you press the arrow keys?

In addition, once you've maximized the window, can you try pressing F10
and then Escape (e.g., bring up an app menu and then dismiss it)?  This
might force a focus event on the gedit window and get the cursor routing
working again.

Finally, did you verify that you don't see the problem on GNOME 2.14
using the same exact Orca bits?  We introduced some window
activate/deactivate handling code prior to Orca 0.2.8 that might have
had a negative impact in this space, and I want to make sure this isn't
an Orca regression.

Thanks!

Will