Enabling administrator logins to gnome?

Al Puzzuoli alpuzz at gmail.com
Sat Apr 15 04:17:26 BST 2006

Hi all,

In an effort to get around the issue of programs in gnome being inaccessible when run via sudo, I thought to enable my root account.  I did so in the console, simply by setting a password; However, I am still unable to log into gnome as root.  I  remember that there's an option to do this somewhere in the gui; However, in order to enable administrator logins from there, I'll come up against the sudo issue once again. Is it possible to enable administrator logins to gnome from the console?

Thanks,

--Al