Next team meeting date/time.

Luke Yelavich themuso at themuso.com
Fri Dec 16 12:00:58 GMT 2005

On Fri, Dec 16, 2005 at 09:48:14PM EST, Henrik Nilsen Omma wrote:
> Luke Yelavich wrote:
> >Hi all
> >I think it is about time we started discussing the next meeting time and
> >date. At the end of last meeting, a tentative agreement was made for
> >next Wednesday, 21 December. I ca nstill make a meeting on this day, but
> >I am sure there are many who don't think they can.
> >
> I would be happy to have a meeting on the 21st, either at 14 or 19 UTC.
> I could also do Monday or Tuesday that week, while Thursday and Friday
> become more difficult :)

Any day is fine with me, so I will let others decide that. :) 19 UTC
sounds alright for me as well.

> I think it would be great to keep the momentum we have built up going
> into the new year. I'm not sure there are any major decisions that we
> have to make (so if some people have to miss it, that shouldn't be very
> problematic), but there have been some interesting development that I
> would like to report on. In brief:
>
> * We are setting up a structured testing system (please help flesh out
> the actual test cases)

I will be able to have a better look at this in the next few days.

> * There is a general buzz in the wider community in conjunction with
> the MA ODF discussion that we are tapping into - there is an increased
> level of communication just new between different AT teams, which is great.

I have certainly noticed this, as I am on the kde accessibility list,
and the GNOME accessibility user and dev lists.

> * The work on Ubuntu Express looks promising. We might get a choice of
> accessible desktops on the default Live CD! Let's give the dapper Live
> CDs some serious AT testing!

It seems that no at tools are yet available on the Live CDs. One still
needs to install them.

> * I'll be continuing my in-depth review series with a closer look at
> Dasher, and I believe Jason is working on a low-vision desktop one. We
> might try to get some of these out on the wires every few weeks to raise
> general interest. Luke: How about a review of the current state of voice
> synthesis on the CLI?

Ok, I will see what I can do. I am also thinking about doing one for
orca when I get a better chance to look at it in more detail, as it is a
lot more powerful in terms of screen reading, particularly to do with
custom application scripts.
--
Luke Yelavich
GPG key: 0xD06320CE