wiki cleanup

Kevin Cole kjcole at gri.gallaudet.edu
Thu Dec 8 16:03:25 GMT 2005

Mauricio Hernandez wrote:
> <SNIP>
>
>>I don't have strong feelings either way, but ultimately on this one,
>>I think my vote goes to Henrik.  I believe that the number of people
>>actually creating pages in the Accessibility tree will remain relatively
>>small, and wiki-savvy.  The number of people editing might be larger,
>>but then folks who are re-organizing can clean up after bad edits that
>>link incorrectly, yes?
>
> Yes Kevin, if we are only considering linkingin the universe of
> Accessibility wiki pages, sure, supages is the best choice.
>
> But let's focus on the example where AbiWrod or Abiword (doesn't
> matter for the example) is an applications that can effectibly work
> very good for the a11y team editors. If you use Abiword on some pages
> and want to make it to work as a link, then you should/will have to
> check and make sure that is a non-existing page in all the /data dir.
>
> If you don't check /data dir pages first and proceed to create the
> Abiword page (cited on you page), all the other  'WantedPages' citing
> Abiword will still be wanting an Abiword page because thay will not
> know you just created the Abiword page the need.
>
> (ooops, it is more difficult to express than i thought)

Ah!  I see what you mean now, I think.  And without some
sort of administrative batch tool that allow someone to
report/review/resolve such situations, it could get ugly
quickly.  So in order for something like this to work well,
a tool for page creators that automatically searches every-
where, and a tool for clean-up crew to resolve mismatches
would be needed...

I still like the idea of the sub-page tree, but I see it's
a bigger problem than I first thought.