wiki cleanup

Mauricio Hernandez mhz.chile at gmail.com
Thu Dec 8 12:52:48 GMT 2005

<SNIP>

I am not very sure this is in fact a good idea. It does sound logical
to web site users but it may affect the wiki engine.

AFAIK, and truly MHO, wikis work better when the info is just one
level, avoiding subpages. Why? Because when I write HenrikOmma on any
page I am sure it will be autolinked. Even if the page I am writing on
is wiki/subpage/subpage/subpapge, HenrikOmma will still be considered
first level page.

Now my point is, how would anyone know that HenrikOmma is in some of
the suppage levels? How would anyone know HenrikOmma is a subpage of
OneOfWikiPages/ or FooPage/ or ThisOtherPage/ ?

When we start using subpages in a wiki, everybody that has privileges
to edit must first know which the wiki structure of this site is,
otherwise, we may end up having OneOfWikiPages/HenrikOmma and
FooPage/HenrikOmma, etc.

If we stick to just one page level, and we do encourage people to just
follow that very simple rule, we do get 'unstructured site' but we
avoid 'braking autolinking' (which is my very favourite feature in a
wiki).

What do you think?
--
Cordialmente,

Mauricio Hernandez Z.

"Hell is repeating someone else's mistakes"
 (JPS)

[Mail escrito sin caracteres especiales o acentos para evitar
conflictos de lectura entre sistemas]

[En smilar contexto, evitemos enviar archivos .doc, .ppt o .xls.
Intentemos enviar solo formatos libres y mas livianos, como lo son
.txt, .html, .pdf, .odt, etc.]