SpeechSynthesisProposal

Jason Grieves jasongrieves at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 7 01:14:38 GMT 2005

What are the chances of making this accessible to low vision and mobility
impaired users?

1) low vision.  Magnifier or increase of fonts.  Solaris STARTS to do a good
job of this.  Installation is done in what looks like an X session (CDE?)
where everything is outputted to an xterm.  That terminal has resizable font
sizes.  We need to make the font choices much greater than solaris, and
perhaps even the ability to bring up magnifier in an X session?  I know
focus issues will be problem, but perhas we can have it setup the way GDM
does accesible logins.  Shortcut keys?

2) Mobility Access.  If everything is keyboard accessible I think that will
help a lot.  Obviously the current install is, but chances of implementing
something else?

God Bless,

Jason G.
Mathew 11:28-30