[u-a-dev] [Bug 84220] No speech in totem using eSpeak w/ Orca
j-diggs at comcast.net
Fri Feb 9 15:39:21 GMT 2007
Public bug reported:
Binary package hint: espeak
If I am using eSpeak with Orca and launch Totem (with no media files
open or playing), Orca will not speak the contents of anything (e.g. the
menu items). If I am using DECTalk, however, Orca will.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Launch Orca and select eSpeak as your synthesizer
2. Launch Totem
3. Press Alt M to get into the Movie menu and use Up and Down Arrow to navigate
Orca would speak each item with focus.
Orca remains silent.
1. Fonix DECTalk does not exhibit this issue.
2. I can only reproduce this problem on my laptop, which has exhibited similar resource issues/conflicts between TTS and other sounds. See bug #54975. Driver: ATI IXP AC97 controller. Product: IXP SB400 AC'97 Audio Controller.
3. This is with the latest Orca from GNOME svn trunk, and eSpeak 1.19
** Affects: espeak (Ubuntu)
No speech in totem using eSpeak w/ Orca
More information about the Ubuntu-accessibility-devel