[ubuntu/trusty-updates] isc-dhcp 4.2.4-7ubuntu12.10 (Accepted)
lukasz.zemczak at canonical.com
Thu Jun 1 14:37:11 UTC 2017
isc-dhcp (4.2.4-7ubuntu12.10) trusty; urgency=medium
* Introduction of a new binary package "isc-dhcp-client-noddns" (LP: #1176046)
- isc-dhcp-client : no behavioural change from previous version.
- isc-dhcp-client-noddns : dhclient with DDNS functionality disabled.
The current functionality in Trusty is to provide DDNS to dhclient by
default. Note that, this is the opposite in Xenial where dhclient,
by default, offers no DDNS functionality.
* Disable tracing and failover.
The tracing and failover are stricly disabled for the new package
"isc-dhcp-client-noddns" and doesn't apply to package "isc-dhcp-client".
In order to successfully build "isc-dhcp-client-noddns" without
-DNSUPDATE and stay align with upstream Debian git commit [0bbf7c7]
(closes: #712503) which implies the following:
- debian/rules : Disable support for failover
(DHCP Failover is a mechanism whereby two DHCP servers are both configured
to manage the same pool of addresses so that they can share the load of
assigning leases for that pool, and provide back-up for each other in case
of network outages.
(Define to include Failover Protocol support)
- debian/rules : Disable support for server activity tracing
(Server tracing support)
* CFLAGS configuration change
- debian/rules : Add backslash '\' characters for CLAGS options :
"-D_PATH_DHCLIENT_CONF" , "-D_PATH_DHCPD_CONF" , "-D_PATH_DHCLIENT_SCRIPT"
to avoid compilation errors expression before '/' token is expected at
- debian/rules : Remove "export CLAGS" line, since it is now passing during
./configure in order to control when compiling with or without DDNS
Date: 2017-05-25 12:24:11.132667+00:00
Changed-By: Eric Desrochers <eric.desrochers at canonical.com>
Signed-By: Łukasz Zemczak <lukasz.zemczak at canonical.com>
-------------- next part --------------
Sorry, changesfile not available.
More information about the Trusty-changes