[ubuntu/trusty-updates] pdns-recursor 3.5.3-1ubuntu0.1 (Accepted)
Ubuntu Archive Robot
cjwatson+ubuntu-archive-robot at chiark.greenend.org.uk
Fri Jan 20 15:58:05 UTC 2017
pdns-recursor (3.5.3-1ubuntu0.1) trusty-security; urgency=high
* SECURITY UPDATE:
* CVE-2014-8601: PowerDNS Recursor before 3.6.2 does not limit delegation
chaining, which allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service
("performance degradations") via a large or infinite number of referrals,
as demonstrated by resolving domains hosted by ezdns.it.
- Added debian/patches/CVE-2014-8601.patch
* CVE-2015-1868: The label decompression functionality in PowerDNS Recursor
3.5.x, 3.6.x before 3.6.3, and 3.7.x before 3.7.2 and Authoritative (Auth)
Server 3.2.x, 3.3.x before 3.3.2, and 3.4.x before 3.4.4 allows remote
attackers to cause a denial of service (CPU consumption or crash) via a
request with a name that refers to itself.
- Added debian/patches/CVE-2015-1868.patch
* CVE-2015-5470: The label decompression functionality in PowerDNS Recursor
before 3.6.4 and 3.7.x before 3.7.3 and Authoritative (Auth) Server before
3.3.3 and 3.4.x before 3.4.5 allows remote attackers to cause a denial of
service (CPU consumption or crash) via a request with a long name that
refers to itself. NOTE: this vulnerability exists because of an incomplete
fix for CVE-2015-1868.
- Added debian/patches/CVE-2015-1868-2.patch
* CVE-2016-7068: Florian Heinz and Martin Kluge reported that pdns-recursor
parses all records present in a query regardless of whether they are
needed or even legitimate, allowing a remote, unauthenticated attacker to
cause an abnormal CPU usage load on the pdns server, resulting in a
partial denial of service if the system becomes overloaded.
- Added debian/patches/CVE-2016-7068.patch
* Add debian/patches/qtypes.patch so qtypes required for CVE-2016-7068.patch
Date: 2017-01-17 23:39:13.690330+00:00
Changed-By: Scott Kitterman <ubuntu at kitterman.com>
Signed-By: Ubuntu Archive Robot <cjwatson+ubuntu-archive-robot at chiark.greenend.org.uk>
-------------- next part --------------
Sorry, changesfile not available.
More information about the Trusty-changes