[ubuntu/trusty-updates] systemd 204-5ubuntu20.20 (Accepted)
martin.pitt at ubuntu.com
Thu Dec 8 15:12:39 UTC 2016
systemd (204-5ubuntu20.20) trusty-proposed; urgency=medium
* Build systemd binary package.
Drop installation of /etc/* aside from systemd's own config files. This
avoids a package conflict with systemd-services and we don't want to
support the full feature set anyway. (LP: #1616422)
* Disable SysV init support.
This just gets in the way when running systemd as a "deputy init".
* systemd: Add Conflicts: to systemd-shim
* Create/use private D-Bus socket also for systemd --system.
Without this we cannot use systemctl as root or when D-Bus is not running.
* Do not read units from /lib/systemd/system, but from /lib/systemd/upstart/
In Ubuntu 14.04 there are a lot of packages which ship a systemd system unit,
but almost all of these must not run for running systemd's service manager as a
"deputy" init alongside upstart. We do need some of them though, so read units
Only install the system units that we actually need for a deputy init (journal
and all targets).
* Add Breaks: to init-system-helpers that does not yet have a disabled
deb-systemd-invoke, to complete the previous change.
* Add upstart job for deputy systemd init.
We also need to clean up /run/systemd/system after stop, so that things which
check if systemd is running don't get confused.
* Add dummy D-Bus units.
These are built in for exposing systemd itself onto the system bus.
* Drop LSB init hook.
We must not redirect SysV init scripts to systemd when running as deputy init.
* Stop systemd deputy upstart job on dist-upgrades.
Also drop the removal guard as we do want to be able to remove the systemd
package while it's only running the deputy init.
* Update Vcs-Git: for new trusty git branch.
Date: 2016-11-10 14:17:10.936028+00:00
Changed-By: Martin Pitt <martin.pitt at ubuntu.com>
-------------- next part --------------
Sorry, changesfile not available.
More information about the Trusty-changes