[ubuntu/trusty-updates] curtin 0.1.0~bzr399-0ubuntu1~14.04.1 (Accepted)
Chris J Arges
chris.j.arges at canonical.com
Wed Aug 17 13:02:05 UTC 2016
curtin (0.1.0~bzr399-0ubuntu1~14.04.1) trusty-proposed; urgency=medium
* SRU current curtin
- curtin/net: fix inet value for subnets, don't add interface attributes
to alias (LP: #1588547)
- improve net-meta network configuration (LP: #1592149)
- reporting: set webhook handler level to DEBUG, no filtering
- tests/vmtests: add yakkety, remove vivid
- curtin/net: use post-up for interface alias, resolve 120 second time out
on Trusty when using interface aliases
- vmtest: provide info on images used
- fix multipath configuration and add multipath tests (LP: #1551937)
- tools/launch and tools/xkvm: whitespace cleanup and bash -x
- tools/launch: boot by root=LABEL=cloudimg-rootfs
- Initial vmtest power8 support and TestSimple test.
curtin (0.1.0~bzr389-0ubuntu1~14.04.1) trusty-proposed; urgency=medium
* New upstream snapshot.
* Detect and remove legacy /etc/network/interfaces.d/eth0.cfg from
target (LP: #1577872)
curtin (0.1.0~bzr387-0ubuntu1~14.04.1) trusty-proposed; urgency=medium
* sru current curtin (LP: #1577872)
* debian/new-upstream-snapshot, debian/README.source: add
new-upstream-snapshot and mention it in README.source
* debian/control: drop python from curtin-common Depends.
remove unnecessary Depends on util-linux as it is essential.
python3-curtin, python-curtin: drop unnecessary 'curl' from Depends.
python3-curtin, python-curtin: list oauthlib and yaml Depends
* debian/control: add bcache-tools to curtin Depends.
* New upstream snapshot.
- fix timestamp not being updated in reported events
- mdadm: resolve mdadm/bcache and trusty+hwe issues
- fix support for 4k disks
- emit source /etc/network/interfaces.d/*.cfg in
- net: introduce 'control' field to network configuration to allow
for declaring manual controlled interfaces
- disable cloud-init networking as curtin is the source of network config
- block: wipe_volume improvements
- reporter: enhance reporting events to include levels and
improve usefullness of messages
- network: add bonding tests and cleanup newline rendering
- block: fix partition path issue with nvme devices
- fix logic error in kernel installation
- block: add debug regarding raid modules being missing on mdadm create
- add s390x support to curtin and vmtest
- support build on xenial where python3 pyflakes is split out
- fix uefi install path on nvme devices
- numerous unit tests and vmtests improvements. Add running
of pylint for static checking.
- Add bond parsing & improved source, source-directory parsing
- move global dns-* options under auto lo in /etc/network/interfaces
- partitioning: limited support for odd ordering of partition numbers
- change use of mkfs.fat to mkfs.vfat and add dependency.
- block-meta: use removable devices if no non-removable devices are
found [Robert Clark]
- Improve 'curtin mkfs' and move mkfs logic to block.mkfs fixes
using btrfs on precise and trusty.
- fix failures caused by systems with invalid system_clock
- support bcache installation on precise
- fix bug in install_grub to partition when storage_config provided
fixing lvm installation on power8
- block_meta: handle 'preserve' flag for raid devices
- close file descriptors from --config= arguments
- xenial: disable update-motd during an apt-get update
- subp: add decode parameter, defaulting to replace.
this fixes errors when output of a command had non-utf chars
- support passing an integer or valid float to human2bytes
- Use /proc/mounts to find missing mountpoints rather than relying
entirely on lsblk as lsblk differs widely between ubuntu releases.
- support extracting tar files compressed with xz or bzip or
uncompressed. Previously required gzip compression.
- Improve dependency checking and installation
this fixes curtin running on precise and installing dependencies
- Reduce chance udev race with mdadm opening /dev/mdX
- Allow re-use of bcache cache devices with separate backing devices
- invoke mkfs.ext3 or mkfs.ext4 with -F to fix issues found if
target device had a filesystem already present.
- Partition alignment and sizing fixes
- Set bcache cache_mode if present in storage config
- when apt-get update is called during installation, do not download
translation files and source files, reducing chances for mismatch.
- add system-install sub command. 'curtin system-install pastebinit'
will install packages in a way guaranteed to not prompt.
- add 'system-upgrade' command and config to easily update the
system after installation before reboot.
- fix reporting of FAIL when a subcommand used sys.exit(0)
- grub-install: if fail to find mounted uefi partition, give more
- network config: add support for dns-search key in subnet and search
- Ensure required networking packages are installed in the target.
- stop grub from going into graphical/vga mode on installed systems
- curthooks: support specifying kernel/package without mapping
- ChrootableTarget: do not attempt to change resolv.conf if
there is no /etc directory
- list the set of features that curtin has for library users.
users can now check the FEATURES list for a specific feature.
- fix bug in argument parsing --set mykey=foo=bar
- in-target: add '--capture' to in-target and special case target=/
- support declaring json in --set argument via --set=json:...
- add reporting function to allow calling a webhook endpoint
with status of curtin install.
- Allow partprobe to return 1, which is expected when no partition table
- support storage config providing /dev/disk/by-dname links
- enable setting of verbosity and showtrace via config file
- drop python-parted dependency
- swap: use fallocate if possible for much faster swap file creation
- support network-config, where networking configuration is declared
in curtin config that will be applied to the host.
- support storage-config, allowing curtin to install and use many
different storage configurations (LVM, bcache, btrfs...)
Date: 2016-07-19 19:09:12.187024+00:00
Changed-By: Scott Moser <smoser at ubuntu.com>
Signed-By: Chris J Arges <chris.j.arges at canonical.com>
-------------- next part --------------
Sorry, changesfile not available.
More information about the Trusty-changes