Key Ubuntu teams should have an open process for new members

Alex Murray alex.murray at canonical.com
Thu Jun 15 04:51:59 UTC 2023

On Wed, 2023-06-14 at 20:48:18 -0700, Steve Langasek wrote:

> To be clear, the Ubuntu Release Team has always been open to non-Canonical
> employees.  I just don't expect community members of the Release Team to
> increase our "core" capacity.

Ah ok, so then my suggestion would still be to document as much of the
processes of the release team (and the other key Ubuntu teams) as
possible to ensure we make the barrier to entry as low as possible. This
should also help anyone who thinks they would be a good candidate for
one of these teams to know in advance how they would measure up, as they
could assess their understanding of these documented processes against
their existing knowledge + experience.