Flatpak SRUs

Jeremy Bicha jbicha at ubuntu.com
Tue Oct 3 17:35:36 UTC 2017

On Mon, Oct 2, 2017 at 8:19 PM, Adam Eveleigh <adam1eveleigh at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Technical Board,

I'm not a member of the Ubuntu Technical Board but I think I can help
here since I have done some of the packaging for Flatpak in Ubuntu.

> I can see that Flatpak is up-to-date in Sid and Buster and not far off
> up-to-date in Stretch Backports but isn't even close to up-to-date in Artful
> (or any of the other Ubuntu releases). The most recent Flatpak version, at
> time of writing, is 0.9.98.2.

Ubuntu 17.10 Beta includes flatpak 0.8.7 because that is the
advertised Long Term Support branch of flatpak. I believe Ubuntu 18.04
LTS will include the next long-term branch flatpak 1.0

I did a few SRUs for Flatpak earlier but it was a lot of work. There
were major changes being done to the 0.8 branch which didn't feel like
what I expected from a long-term support branch.

> Ubuntu community member (not an Ubuntu member, are you able to consider my
> email regardless?)

My understanding is that you don't need to be an Ubuntu Member to
bring up an issue to the Ubuntu Technical Board, but I think the
ubuntu-devel or ubuntu-devel-discuss lists would have been a better
place to ask these questions first.

Thanks,
Jeremy Bicha