Flatpak SRUs

Marc Deslauriers marc.deslauriers at canonical.com
Mon Dec 4 14:10:27 UTC 2017

Hi Adam,

On 2017-10-02 08:19 PM, Adam Eveleigh wrote:
> Hi Technical Board,
>
> What would be needed to be done to get Flatpak SRU'd in Ubuntu
> <https://github.com/flatpak/flatpak/issues/1001>? Currently one has to add a PPA
> to get updated Flatpak in Ubuntu, which is unfortunate because Flatpak is a
> packaging format to do away with the need to use PPAs. I notice snapd has a
> special SRU process <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/StableReleaseUpdates#Snapd>, could
> Flatpak have a similar one? What work would need to be done to make this happen?
<snip>

Flatpak could certainly have a similar one. Exception approvals are handled
directly by the SRU team, there is no need to get approval from the technical board.

The process for getting Flatpak SRU'd into Ubuntu, and for getting a special
exception approved for new versions, is documented in the SRU wiki page you
linked to. Once you have drafted the required wiki page, you can ask the SRU
team for approval directly.

Thanks,

Marc.