Application for official community flavour status for budgie-remix

David Mohammed davidmohammed at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 22:26:54 UTC 2016

Mark, Steve and the technical board,

  many thanks for your invaluable advice (email 9th Jun 16).

We would like to apply for package-set maintainer status for the
budgie-remix packages currently available in Yakkety and if possible
those proposed for Zesty.

We would also like to reapply for official community flavour status
for budgie-remix (ubuntu budgie).

To support these applications please find enc (detail section) a link
to a short PDF presentation

We realise a presentation is not everyones cup-of-tea; in summary.

All nine budgie-remix packages have been either accepted by Debian or
accepted directly and/or reviewed by Ubuntu - three packages have
successfully by reviewed by Ubuntu but missed the August freeze and
thus we have reapplied for resubmission for Zesty.

We have recently had two major releases - 16.04.1 and 16.10 versions
of budgie-remix.  Both have been well received and have followed the
release schedule of Ubuntu.

We regularly and promptly update our Debian packages with either new
upstream releases or with critical & stability patches.

We have excellent relationships with all upstream maintainers -
through submitting fixes, further development, bug reports etc.

We believe there is a significant new community of users that will fit
well under the wide and diverse Ubuntu umbrella  - evidence through
direct visible statistics (website, sourceforge downloads) or
indirectly through extensive news media, social media.

The budgie-remix team is growing and enthusiastic - with increasing
submissions from the community itself.

We have met or exceeded our 16.04 and 16.10 goals and have a realistic
plan for 17.04 and thereafter.

If you have any questions please do not hesitate in asking.

many thanks

David Mohammed (project leader)

Detail:
tech board submission presentation:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5yvyAZqOxQrMkx5aXBlcTY4a1k

package list:
debian: moka-icon-theme, faba-icon-theme, arc-theme, budgie-desktop
ubuntu: budgie-wallpapers, budgie-artwork budgie-welcome (zesty),
budgie-desktop-environment (zesty), arc-firefox-theme (zesty)