Ubuntu MATE Remix is seeking official flavor status

Martin Wimpress martin at ubuntu-mate.org
Tue Jul 22 16:21:37 UTC 2014

Hi all,

My name is Martin Wimpress and I am the project lead for Ubuntu MATE
Remix and also a MATE desktop developer.

Ubuntu MATE Remix is a community developed Ubuntu based operating
system that beautifully integrates the MATE desktop. You can find out
more on the official project website.

  * http://ubuntu-mate.org

All development is conducted on Launchpad.

  * https://launchpad.net/ubuntu-mate
  * https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-mate-dev

The Ubuntu MATE Remix project is supported by the core MATE
developers, the Debian MATE packaging team (which I also contribute
to) and Alan Pope has provided some useful advice during these early
days.

We released, a very, Alpha 1 and are on schedule to hit the Ubuntu
Utopic Alpha 2 schedule with a much improved release. However, I am
facing some challenges building the .iso images so they are consistent
with the official Ubuntu flavors. After chatting with Colin Watson in
#ubuntu-devel he suggested we start the process of seeking official
status so that we can merge our changes and ultimately build releases
on the official infrastructure.

So, long email short, what are the next steps for our project to gain
official recognition?

Regards, Martin.