Juju Stable Update Policy

Martin Pitt martin.pitt at ubuntu.com
Tue Jul 22 16:05:58 UTC 2014

Hello Alexis,

Alexis Bruemmer [2014-07-08 14:05 -0700]:
> > > Juju developers and have a specific QA review, and a variety of fresh
> > > install and upgrade combinations must be explicitly tested on every cloud
> > > that Juju supports (for details see the “Testing a revision” section of
> > the
> > > Juju CI Design and Operation document linked below)
> >
> > This really seems to be the crux of regression testing as far as SRUs
> > and existing cloud deployments are concerned. Whenever I try to open
> > the google docs I just get a "File unavailable. Sorry, there's a
> > problem with this file.  Please reload.", so I can't look at the
> > details. Does that mean that newer clients are tested on existing
> > deployments with older servers and agents? Which combinations does
> > that cover?
> >

> I have updated the sharing policies for the Juju Ci doc, let me know if you
> still have issues accessing the file.

I can see it now, but it still doesn't explain how you test backwards
compatibility to existing deployments? Or I can't find it.

I can see teh google doc now, but it still crashes on the first mouse
click. I think for long-term documentation we don't want to bury that
in google docs, but perhaps underneath
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/StableReleaseUpdates ?

So in summary, I have reasonably good confidence in the currently
documented CI, but I need some more convincing about backwards
compatibility testing.

Thanks,

Martin