Packagesets ownership

Stéphane Graber stgraber at ubuntu.com
Tue Jan 21 15:06:31 UTC 2014

Hey everyone,

I'm sending this e-mail as both a Technical Board member and a Developer
Membership Board member.

Currently packagesets are owned by one of two teams, the Technical Board
for old pre-DMB packagesets as well as some flavor ones and by the DMB
for all the newly created ones.

Flavor packagesets are usually dynamic, updated by a script Colin wrote,
based on the current germinate output. One of the problem is that Colin
having stepped down from the TB, he no longer has the required ACLs to
run his script.

One way of fixing that would be to have me to do it as I happen to be on
both boards, but I really can't think of a good reason to have this
split of ownership between both boards and think it'd be better and
simpler to hand over ownership of all TB owned packagesets to the DMB
and have the DMB take over the flavor packageset updates.

The full list of TB owned packagests can be found here:
http://paste.ubuntu.com/6792052/

Does anyone from the TB object to handing over those to the DMB?

--
Stéphane Graber
Ubuntu developer