MRE request: mysql-5.5

Martin Pitt martin.pitt at ubuntu.com
Fri Feb 7 05:24:50 UTC 2014

Hello all,

Robie Basak [2014-02-06 13:31 +0000]:
> I would like to apply for a micro release exception for MySQL
> Server.

+1 from me as well. If the situation is any similar to PostgreSQL,
users generally want the latest upstream-QAed microreleases anyway
instead of distro-patched versions; at least in the PostgreSQL case
upstream's QA is much more thorough than what we can provide in Debian
and Ubuntu, and it sounds like this is the case for MySQL as well.

I'm the second +1 already (one is sufficient), so I'll add that to
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/StableReleaseUpdates/MicroReleaseExceptions
now.

Thanks,

Martin