Problems compiling for AMD64

thorwagner totto at quantentunnel.de
Mon Dec 8 23:06:02 UTC 2014

To whom it may concern.

I am maintaining the packages for the GXSM project (gxsm.sf.net). For
some strange reason I have always problems with the AMD64 packages. I
had similar problems at my PC using debuild or make as it did not have
enough memory to finish the job. Is there any switch which ensure say 2
GB ram during packaging?

The second think which anoys me is that on my computer debuild will but
the libaries in /usr/lib/gxsm-plugins. The package build via launchpad
always uses a path /usr/lib/x86-64-linux-gnu/gxsm-plugins. In this case,
the main program will not find the plugins because it looks in the wrong
folder for the plugins. I solved that by including some symlinking
during installation but this is just a dirty trick. Any hint how to make
is more straight?

Thanks for your help,
Thorsten :-)
--